23/03/2014
'Weekend wanderings.....'


This weekend was quite slow going.
Walks on the beach for all of us,
 walking in the sunshine and watching storm clouds go around us.
And then watching Jack sleep it all off by the back door in the afternoon. 
He is getting older and older before our eyes and a big walk on most days is just a bit too much for him.
Although he seems pretty happy spending time down the beach that usually involves a gallop along the water.


As Sam went off to do some football stuff, I did the ride around the Bellarine Peninsula to gather my fresh produce.
A trip to the tomatoe farm, a trip to the fruit and vegie shop and when driving home through Wallington I saw the sign I see all the time....
'pick your own strawberries.'
Yes, thankyou, I will!
I wandered up and down the rows and rows of huge, plump strawberries and placed the ones I had picked into a bucket.
No one else was there picking their own, I had the place to myself. It lightly started to rain, but it was the most loveliest of experiences.
And as I took my box of strawberries back to the car, feeling quite chuffed,
the smell,
 once I closed the door,
 was intoxicating!
I just wished I actually liked eating strawberries!
Its the texture, I think.
But don't get me wrong! I do love strawberries once they are in something. 
Jam, milkshakes, icecream, cakes, tarts....
I made some beautiful healthy smoothies for breakfast this morning,
with my hand picked strawberries!
Yum.

No comments: